Welcome to Fix Our Ferals
Dear caretakers, clients, and supporters of Fix Our Ferals and the FOF Spay-Neuter Clinic,
Fix Our Ferals regrets that we must temporarily close our doors in order to restructure our program.
Our promise to you is that we will make every effort, to open again at our same Richmond facility as soon as possible.
We cannot offer a re-opening date commitment at this time, but we are now researching and discussing a more viable model which will again offer affordable spay-neuter to East Bay residents, and help many more cats.
For those of you who have offered suggestions or help, we request that you contact us again when we announce our plans and ask for your help.
For the Fix Our Ferals Board of Directors
ALTERNATE SPAY/NEUTER RESOURCES
Aborn Pet Hospital, 40951 Grimmer Blvd., Fremont
- Ferals must be in trap
- Females $50 + $35 if pregnant or $15 if in heat; males $40
- Vaccinations $15 each
- Will receive ear tip, and must be 2lbs or 2 mos.
- Tame may be same price and can be in carrier
Animal Care Clinic, El Sobrante
- $175 for females, $142 for males
- Rescue groups get a 12% discount
- No vaccines to ferals
East Bay SPCA, Hegenberger Road, Oakland
- $30 + $10 if pregnant
- Vaccinations $18 each, flea treatment $13
- Only one to two ferals per day, and are booked about a month in advance
- Females $95 + $45 if pregnant; males $70
- Vaccinations $18 each, Flea treatment $13
- Appointments can be booked several days in advance
Emeryville Pet Hospital, Emeryville
- Pet cats only, no ferals
- Females $65+ pain med $20; males $50
- Vaccinations $13 each
- Call for additional prices
Evergreen Pet Clinic, 109 San Pablo Dam Rd.
- Females $70 + $30-60 extra if pregnant; males $40
- Vaccinations $15 extra each
- Ear tip included
- Must be in trap
Pet cats: call for pricing
Purrfect Cat, Newark in the New Park Mall, second floor near Burlington Coat Factory
- Sells vouchers only at their store front
- Cats can come from anywhere in the Bay Area
- Hours: Fri. 4-7 PM; Sat. and Sun. 12-3 PM
- Ferals, male or female $30 (must be in traps, will get ear tipped)
- Pet cats in carriers $50 (must be tame)
- Vaccinations and flea treatment extra
- Five vet offices participate in this program in Fremont and Union City
- Call for more information
San Francisco SPCA, San Francisco
Fix Our Ferals (FOF) is a community-based, non-profit organization that promotes trap-neuter-return (TNR) to humanely reduce outdoor cat populations in the San Francisco East Bay. We help improve neighborhoods for both cats and people by:
- Providing affordable sterilizations and vaccinations, as well as free trap loans with a security deposit, information and advice for implementing trap-neuter-return (TNR) in East Bay neighborhoods
- Educating community members, leaders, and decision-makers about TNR as the only humane and effective long-term solution to neighborhood cat issues
- Reducing unnecessary killing of cats in shelters by advocating TNR as the superior method of population control
HOW TO HELP
Six easy things you can do right now to help make this center a HUGE success:
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to keep up to date on Fix Our Ferals news.
- Follow us on Facebook to get to know our community of fantastic supporters.
- Make a donation via Donate Now or using Paypal
- Help at the center – Volunteer! We are looking for help with event planning and grant applications.
- Subscribe to our blog to get the latest news about the center.
- Spread the word about our center! Tell everyone you know!
- Check out our Support Page.